FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is there a cost for the estimate? No, all estimates are free of charge. Call Paul to schedule a meeting at your property, or if you are not available to meet him he will take a look at your trees and will give you a call to discuss the estimate.
2. How long does it take to get an estimate? Typically it takes 1 to 3 days to get an estimate we schedule them as quickly as possible. We can be there within hours if it is an emergency. We are happy to schedule an estimate appointment at your convenience and work hard to accommodate your schedule.
3. How long is the price quote good for? We guarantee our price for one year, unless a different term is specified in writing.
4. Once approval on a job has been given, when can the job be completed? During our busy season starting in mid-April and continuing through October, it takes anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks from the time you approve your work and completion of the job. From November to early April, it takes between 1 day and 1 week.
5. Once the job has been completed, how do I pay? Our terms are “Payment in full due upon completion.” Once the job is finished, you will be presented with an invoice. You can pay with a check made payable to Paul Bauman’s Tree Service, or cash. If you would like to pay using a credit card, you will be instructed as to how that works. If you can’t be home when the work is done, an invoice will be left at your door. You may mail a check or call to pay by credit card.
6. Are you licensed and insured? This is a very good question, and should be asked of every contractor you are thinking of hiring. Paul Bauman’s Tree Service is licensed through the State of California with a Contractor’s license. We will be glad to provide copies of our licenses at your request. We are also fully insured with liability, vehicle insurance and Workers Compensation. We will be happy to provide you with proof of insurance. Please always make sure to ask for proof of insurance before a contractor comes on your property to work.
7. Does your company use spikes to climb the trees? We do not use spikes to climb trees that we are pruning. We will only use spikes if we are taking down the tree.
8. Does your company spray trees with pesticides for insecticides? No, we don’t believe in the use of pesticides to control insects in most cases. We feel that if your tree is healthy it can withstand an attack from common insects. We recommend maintaining your tree with regular pruning and fertilizing to keep it strong and healthy. However, in some cases the use of pesticides is necessary.
9. Do you top trees? Topping is no longer a recommended pruning method to cut a tree down in height. It is actually harmful to the health of the tree. Paul can discuss other methods of pruning to maintain a certain height, and to try to repair trees that have been damaged by topping.
10. When is the best time to prune a tree? There are different times to prune different trees, for example most flowering trees should be pruned after they bloom, and Maples can be pruned most times of the year. It is best to discuss pruning with the Paul, because every tree is unique in regard to it’s placement on your property and it’s condition.
11. How often should I fertilize my trees? We recommend you deep-root fertilize your trees every 2 to 3 years. However, trees that are not in good health may need to be fertilized more frequently.